Wednesday, December 7, 2011

31 Things: #14 Study a Course in Miracles and Attend a Workshop







"Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. They are performed by those who temporarily have more for those who temporarily have less"

"Love will immediately enter into any mind that truly wants it."

"When you meet anyone, remember it is a holy encounter. As you see him, you will see yourself ... for in him you will find yourself or lose yourself."

"What is healing but the removal of all that stands in the way of knowledge"

"Heaven is not a place or a condition. It is merely an awareness of perfect oneness"

"Seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world"

"Let forgiveness be the substitute for fear. This is the only rule for happy dreams"


One of my goals is to study the Course in Miracles. This past Spring my Mother and I both invested in the book, a massive volume that contains quotes, 365 lessons, a teachers guide, and little extra guidebook summary at the end. This book came out originally in the 70's and it's teachings have spread across the world. The verbage used is Christian, but it is NOT a Christian book. You can replace any mention of God with Universe, Buddha, Goddess, whatever floats your boat. It is the word of Jesus, and the general lesson is everything is love and fear is not real. Simple, but we humans have a way of complicating things. So the quotes and lessons give us something to grab onto. There are groups all over the world that get together and discuss the lessons, as it is a long complex work. We attend a group at Unity Village; however they were just getting ready to wrap for the summer, so we probably made 4-5 visits before they took their break. The meetings we did go to were extremely inspiring. You had "recovering Catholics", a former Baptist minister; we also had some guests that were from India one night that had come to Unity for a special event. I really enjoyed it and hope to go back at some point. The group has restarted and my Mom goes to the Tuesday mid-morning group. They also have an evening one later in the week. There is also an online group at Her Future that I plan on joining. One of my goals for the new year is to restart the lessons and start really going through it. Lessons that really touch me will be blogged about. 


So, this may be ongoing, but as I have done what my original goal is, I'm checking it off the list! Check out my 31 Things: Where I'm At So Far post from November to see the rest of the list. 


 



If you are doing this project, how is it going for you?

 


1 comment:

  1. I am busy with it. My only goal now. You should also read The Disappearance Of The Universe by Gary Renard.

    It's funny and a great addition to ACIM.

    Find me at Google+ http://goo.gl/LOJB3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails