Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FUD: A Vegan Delight

FUD is the creation of Heidi Belle, celebrity chef and local vegan genius. The restaurant has been open for a little over a year now, with a few opening hurdles. However, Friday night, they seemed to have everything together. They have a beautiful print menu, daily specials, friendly staff, quick service, and some tasty food. I went with a group of friends and we all enjoyed our meal. My only complaint concerned my Reuben, which lacked a bit on the sauerkraut and sauce, but the waitress kindly brought me more toppings for my sandwich. I also had the mac 'n' cheese, which was quite tasty and a cacao shake made with her homemade chocolate sunflower milk, raw cacao nibs, and homemade cacao fudge sauce. Quite a treat. My friend Selena loved the raw red pepper soup, a daily special. The tacos were also raved about, and the other items enjoyed as well. This is a CASH ONLY establishment, so make sure you come prepared! It's located at 17th and Summit, just down the street from the Bluebird. They are open for lunch Tuesday-Friday from 11am-3pm, brunch Saturday 11am-3pm, and dinner Thursday-Saturday nights from 5:30-9:00pm. I highly recommend checking out this cute little vegan establishment. Now, savor the photos, and try not to drool on your keyboard.

Chocolate Chai Smoothie

Raw Red Pepper Soup

Portabella Wrap

Avocado Wich

Me with my delicious meal

Jack Reuben

Cheesy Mac Bowl

Tacos

Chocolate Cacao Chip Shake


Have You Been to FUD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails