Sunday, September 18, 2011

For Those Who Leave Us Too Soon


I hesitated to write this, but I feel it's important. A young girl, 25 years old, died today of brain cancer. I really should say she died of chemo, and that's where my hesitation in writing this post comes in. I barely knew this girl, she's a cousin of an old friend of mine and we'd recently been connected on Facebook. She seemed like she had a strong spirit, but this girl has been through hell. Over the last three years she's had three, count 'em, three brain surgeries, and an ungodly amount of chemo to go with them. This last surgery happened just this summer, and she began chemo about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, her system being so weak, she contracted a virus and has spent the last 10 days or so in the hospital. Her Facebook posts were filled with cries of pain, but a Spiritual hope that she would pull through. Sadly, last night she suffered a stroke and died a few hours later.

I am saddened by this loss, but due to the amount of suffering she experienced, I think she's better off moving on from this plane of existence. However, I can't help but wonder how things might have been different if say, instead of doing this last round of chemo, she took time to rebuild her immune system. I can't say for sure, and I don't know the full details of her disease, but it seems as if the lack of an immune system is what took her out in the end. With proper immune support, would her body have healed itself? Could she have been free of this by the holidays, lived a happy life with her boyfriend? I don't know, but I believe the answer is yes.

So here it is, a few months ago I put out a blog post on "Cancer Tips For the Newly Diagnosed." Share this with anyone, everyone you know that might be dealing with cancer. Even if they are going through traditional treatments, there are so many things they can do to support their system and improve the chances of really healing. I read a story of a young woman, 29 I believe, who was diagnosed with a rare form of Stage IV cancer last year and was told there was no cure, but they could do chemo to extend her life. She did the chemo, but she also started juicing/green smoothies, did Vitamin C drips, acupuncture, Louise Hays, high raw food diet, supplements, EFT, etc. Just last week they did a scan, and there was NO SIGN OF CANCER IN HER BODY!! An incurable, rare, Stage IV cancer, and she healed it. So folks, anything is possible and combination treatments can be very effective.

Katie, I hope your soul is free now. Let's make sure we don't have anymore Katie's. Education is key. People NEED to know they have options. Let the healing begin.


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of this happening to anyone especially someone so young. You are right we will never know if things might have turned out differently had different options been taken. The body was designed to heal itself which is why it is so important to do things that Support the body in this most important job.

    Blessings of Love and Light Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last point - that knowledge is the key. If only the people we trust would stop lying to us in the name of money. However, I have to believe that blogs like yours are doing a part in spreading the knowledge.

    Hearts, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails