Some of the lessons I learned:
- I do not have a gluten intolerance, so I will allow it back into my diet. However, I do know that overdoing it, makes me queasy, and pasta seems to be the biggest culprit. So when at home at least, I will stick with Quinoa pasta, which, tasty! I also don't want to overindulge on white flour, so I will be staying away from that, making it more of a treat, or simply using gluten free and healthier flours when I do indulge my baking bug.
- Drinking green smoothies each day gives me energy and keeps my system clean. I really enjoyed getting back into smoothies over this 21 day period and intend to continue incorporating them daily.
- I need to refocus on exercise and find ways to motivate myself. I'm sure the weather is part of it, but still, that's an excuse.
- I am a chocoholic, which, not a surprise, but I think I need to do a sugar detox at some point. I may have an emotional attachment that needs to be addressed.
- I didn't eat a lot of dairy anyway, I've been drinking almond milk for the last decade, but still indulge in cheese from time to time. I really didn't miss dairy at all, and in fact was glad it was gone, so I will focus on not letting it back in. If I do indulge, local/organic only.
- I journaled about my progress daily, and rediscovered my love for keeping a journal.
What things are you doing to improve your health? What would you like to learn about health? Have you done a cleanse?