Friday, January 14, 2011

21 Day Adventure Cleanse: Days 8-12

This week has been filled with ups and downs.  As the week progressed, I started to get a little neurotic. This can happen as cravings kick in, toxins crawl their way out, etc. Tip #4 Go to the grocery store every 4 or 5 days. Too long in between trips and certain food items may go bad, fewer choices can create some mental craziness, and sometimes what's left doesn't constitute a properly balanced meal. 

Tuesday night I started to go a little nuts, and by Wednesday I had completely lost it. Fortunately/Unfortunately, I didn't have the ability to really break the cleanse because I only had certain foods left and a shortage of cash. My vegetables were all gone, the fruit as well, most of the snack items, and so for dinner I made an extremely bland portion of brown rice, black beans and sweet potato. I was so hungry, and out of balance, I hadn't meditated or exercised or done any of the other things for the emotional/spiritual aspect of my cleanse. Around 9pm, I started getting a headache, I felt like crap, but knew that the next day I would be able to buy food, but still....hungry! Then my inner guide said "Eat some almonds." Whew! Those almonds saved my sanity! My headache went away, my sanity restored, and I had a good nights sleep. I woke up with a new attitude, meditated, had a delicious green juice and veggie sandwich at Coffee Girls, went to Whole Foods, and got back on track. I bounced on the rebounder and made a delicious Gluten-Free, vegan, sauerkraut pizza. I felt fabulous and motivated once again.



Today I had a delicious kale/orange/goldenberry/cacao smoothie for breakfast.  Lunch consisted of gluten free falafel and baba ganouj, locally made with a lovely side of veggies.  Tonight, I'm thinking Buddha Bowl.  In a bit, I'm hopping back on the yoga train, going to finish the laundry, and get things done.  Cleansing can be difficult at times, but in the end, all the releasing, new wonderful habits, and re-establishing previous good habits is certainly beneficial.



How is your cleanse going?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through the rough spot, hopefully it will be all uphill from here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That cleanse is so absolutely brave! You rock! Love reading about all the different dishes too! As a girl on the run to getting healthy such inspiration here! Thanks again and all the best and so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails