Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Inspirational Bookshelf

This week I wanted to share a list of wonderful books that have inspired me and influenced my healing process.  Most of these wonderful books would apply to anyone in the process of healing themselves physically, emotionally and spiritually.  If you've read any of these books, please share your thoughts!



1. The Crazy Sexy Cancer Series. Valentine's Day 2003 Kris Carr received the news she had Stage IV Epitheliodid Hemangioendothelioma, a rare cancer that encompassed most of her body. Only a handful of oncologists in the country have any knowledge of this disease and there is no medical cure at this time. Kris decided to take matters into her own hands and became a health expert. She read books on the raw food diet, macrobiotics, yoga, meditation, herbal treatments, etc. She formed her own Cancer Posse and started CrazySexyLife. The first book has a list of great tips for those going through cancer, and those assisting friends/family with cancer. Her second book is a journal, with exercises to explore the emotional side of the disease. In January she will release Crazy Sexy Diet, filled with health tips every cancer patient should know about. Kris is a strong woman, living with cancer, and getting healthy every day. I strongly recommend reading her powerful books.




2. The Sara Triology by Esther Hicks. The Law of Attraction is a powerful Universal tool, but some of the information out there can get confusing at time. Esther Hicks created this wonderful series, written for young adults, that explains the Law in a simple manner. We follow the life of Sara, an unhappy young girl living in a small town, who meets a talking Owl that changes everything. It's a wonderful, easy read, and a great way to learn the laws of the Universe.




3. Detox Your World by Shazzie. This incredible book takes you through the process of detoxing physically and emotionally the toxins and blockages that prevent you from achieving optimal health. She provides many tools for detoxing, including details on skin brushing, deep breathing techniques, colonics, etc. She has a detox diet program that gently allows people at all levels to release toxins from the body and shift their perspective. This is a unique read, a gem that I reference reguarly.
 



4. Superfoods by David Wolfe. I wrote a three part post earlier this summer on Superfoods, and later turned it into a lens on Squidoo.  This amazing book has changed my life. I had issues with anemia, hypoglycemia, hormone imbalance, fatigue and of course cancer. Since I started using Superfoods in my smoothies, my energy level has improved (with indicates a balance in blood sugar and iron), my periods have normalized and I just feel better. I can't say enough about this book.





5. You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. It took me a long time to read this book, I resisted for quite awhile. I simply did not want to deal with my feelings. However, I finally did read it and I'm glad I did. This incredible woman healed her breast cancer doing mirror work and affirmations. Her incredible story inspires and her exercises leave no room for denial. Everyone should own a copy of this book.




6. Knockout by Suzanne Somers. In this book Suzanne shares a story of a near-death experience, which nearly became fatal, because of the practices of the medical industry. Misdiagnosed, pumped full of drugs that never should of mixed, ignored and poorly treated, Ms. Somers is lucky to be alive. After this experience Somers interviewed a slew of medical doctors who were curing patients of cancer, without chemotherapy. Doctors who were listening to their patients, looking outside the drug industry, and some who were legally persucuted for it. If you have any doubts regarding how powerful big Pharm is, read this book.
 



7. Greens for Life by Victoria Boutenko. This book breaks down the science behind green smoothies and shows you just how important greens are for our diet. Written in an easy to understand manner, and with an index of recipes. the Boutenko family have long been leaders in the raw and health industries.




8. Anastasia by Vladimir Megre. I don't even know how to describe this series. These books are powerful, moving, magical, astonishing, breaktaking, I could go on. You will be moved.




9. Add More ~Ing to Your Life: A Hip Guide to Happiness by Gabrielle Bernstein. I've mentioned this book on several books, but it's worth mentioning again. Bernstein takes concepts from "A Course in Miracles" and breaks them down for the 20-30 somethings in a way that we will connect with.  Each chapter covers a specific topic, from Forgiveness, Mirroring, Releasing Romantic Illusions, etc. She provides exercises to do over a 30-day period to change your life. You can read more about my impressions and how this book has influenced me on my Squidoo Lens: http://www.squidoo.com/add-more-ing-to-your-life-a-hip-guide-to-happiness




10. Rilke's Book of Hours: Love Poems to God. This gorgeous book by poet Rilke will move your soul. Split into three parts, these poems are questions, observations, and spiritual hugs to the Universe. "I live my life in widening circles that reach out across the world. I may not complete this last one but I give myself to it. I circle around God, around the primordial tower. I've been circling for thousands of years and I still don't know: am I a falcon, a storm, or a great song?" Beautiful.




What's on your Inspirational Bookshelf?

1 comment:

  1. A great lineup of books, I have read about half of them. Out of the ones I have read I especially love You Can Heal Your Life and the Sara series, both of them had a profound effect on me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails