Friday, October 1, 2010

Love and Gratitude Friday's

Friday night I had an incredible dinner with the loveliest group of ladies I've had the pleasure of spending time with in a long time.  Delicious vegetarian food, gorgeous weather. creative artwork, a truly delightful evening.  The next morning I awoke with a sniffle, got out the Neti Pot, and then went to the Waldo Fall Festival to represent Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.  A fun afternoon, even with the pouring rain and crazy dance moms.  However, by the evening, I felt quite off, and ended up going to bed at 9pm.  Later I realized, I had the flu.  I rarely get sick, but when I do, it's almost always the flu.  Fortunately, I'm a health guru, I took some homeopathic flu remedy, slept all through Sunday, and by Monday I was 85%, just slightly week, and Tuesday I went to work, ran errands, and checked out some killer shoes.  Past years the flu would have been an ordeal, week of misery, runny nose, hacking, grossness all around.  Thanks to my Neti Pot and Oscillococcinum and of course my kickin' immune system, it's now a little 48 hour bug.  So this week, I'm grateful for all the tools that aided me in healing the flu.  What are you grateful for?

"When you gonna make up your mind?  When you gonna love you as much as I do?" -Tori Amos

"Love and appreciation are identical vibrations. Appreciation is the vibration of alignment with who-you-are. Appreciation is the absence of everything that feels bad and the presence of everything that feels good. When you focus upon what you want - ;when you tell the story of how you want your life to be - you will come closer and closer to the vicinity of appreciation, and when you reach it, it will pull you toward all things that you consider to be good in a very powerful way."- Esther Hicks

"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something." - Steve Jobs,

"If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely. If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths. Our limitations and joys begin in our hearts. We can always replace negative with positive." - Betty Eadie

"Perception is a mirror, not a fact.  And what I look on is my state of mind, reflected outward.  The world is only in the mind of it's maker.  Do not believe it is outside of yourself." -A Course in Miracles




Things I Love....
The breeze blowing scents of fall my way on our doggie walks ♥ Allegro Fine Teas, with delightful flavors such as "Feel Flawless", "Engage Your Brain" and "Queen Bee Balance" the "Chamomile" is quite delightful as well ♥ Ladies Date Night ♥ Blogs on Books ♥ Mom's vegetarian chili, so delicious ♥ trying on clothes and knowing that EVERYTHING is going to look spectacular ♥ finding that pair of skinny stretch jeans you just know will make you look foxy ♥ new music from Nellie McKay ♥ having the windows open and breathing in fresh air ♥ Young Living Essential Oils Peppermint, place it behind your ears if you have trouble sleeping ♥ all the lovely blog comments I receive ♥ reading Jane Austen ♥ knowing sweater season is on the way ♥ yoga pants, so comfy! ♥ meeting newbie vegetarians and remembering the initial excitement and passion the decision brings ♥ my sweet puppy dog Triton


Eclipse: A Spiritual Interpretation
Tonglen: A Loving Kindness Meditation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQN8zejgU4


What's on Your Love List?

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about Fall, the cooler weather, the beautiful leaves, having the windows open. Yes I love homeopathic remedies for the flu or cold or most anything else...and I love your enthusiastic blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails