- Dry Skin Brushing. I've talked about this one before. Check out this article my Mom wrote for more details http://www.squidoo.com/dry-skin-brushing
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E protects the skin from free radicals, it has anti-aging elements and protects the skin from the sun. Vitamin E can heal skin conditions and wounds. This is great used topically for skin care.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is excellent massage oil for the skin as well. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin. The benefit of coconut oil on the skin is comparable to that of mineral oil. Further, unlike mineral oil, there is no chance of having any adverse side effects on the skin with the application of coconut oil. Coconut oil therefore is a safe solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin. It also delays wrinkles, and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other infections. Therefore coconut oil forms the basic ingredient of various body care products such as soaps, lotions, creams, etc., used for skin care. Coconut oil also helps in preventing premature aging and degenerative diseases due to its antioxidant properties.
- Oatmeal Baths. This is a great way to soften and heal any skin issue. Blend 1 1/2 cups of oats to a fine powder, or simply buy oat flour. Put in a hot bath and soak for 20 minutes. I also like to add essential oils to my bath to help me relax.
- Colodial Silver. This has been the best product I've found for healing my skin. We bought a gallon jug and put some in a spray bottle and I've been spraying on the wounds on my legs daily. After YEARS of dealing with this, my legs are nearly healed. It's antibacterial and a truly amazing product.
- MSM. It is the MSM in Aloe Vera leaves that sooths and repairs skin that has been cut, scraped, burned or damaged. The body then repairs the skin with the proper raw materials. MSM can be added to water, aloe vera gel, and other preparations for application to the skin. Best results are obtained when MSM is applied topically and taken internally.
Monday, March 19, 2012
As someone who has spent the last three years dealing with eczema, skin care is very important to me. There are a few simple things you can do to keep your skin healthy. Several of these will also strengthen your nails and give you healthier hair as well.