- Forgiveness is a daily practice. It is the key to loving oneself and letting go of fear. Without forgiveness, we would not heal.
- Gratitude changes everything. The more I focus on what I have, rather than lack, the less I find I need to be happy.
- I can be flexible. Whether it's a flexibility in my schedule, or my new-found ability to touch my toes, thanks to yoga, I have learned that being flexible is an important aspect of interacting with others.
- Crying and having feelings does not make me "ridiculous", it simply makes me human.
- Meditation is good for the soul. It balances out my day, clears my mind, and gives me the tools I need to manifest my desires.
- Friendships are precious, and each one must be honored. It is also important to know when it's time to let someone go.
- Loving yourself is the first step. Without self love, my love cannot be shared with others.
- Communication is key. Remember what they say about ass-u-me? Whether it's a family member, friend, your mortgage company, postal worker, etc. it is important to thoroughly communicate and ensure that both parties understand and are on the same page at the end of the conversation.
- Balancing the two sides of my personality, the organized control freak and creative free spirit has greatly improved my attitude and productivity. By creating balance in my life I have time to do all the "to do's" on my list, in addition to working on creative products and being flexible in my schedule.
- Deep breathing allows me to really let go and align myself with my desires.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
As the year draws to a close, I can't help but reflect on the lessons I've learned this year: