Thursday, December 16, 2010

Love and Gratitude Friday's: Triton's 3rd Birthday!!

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
 
- Buddha, was a spiritual teacher from ancient India who founded Buddhism.
 
"Love is the capacity to take care, to protect, to nourish. If you are not capable of generating that kind of energy toward yourself- if you are not capable of taking care of yourself, of nourishing yourself, of protecting yourself- it is very difficult to take care of another person. In the Buddhist teaching, it's clear that to love oneself is the foundation of the love of other people. Love is a practice. Love is truly a practice."
 
- Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Buddhist monk, author and peace activist.





I am so grateful to have spent nearly three wonderful years with the most wonderful creature alive, my precious dog Triton.  Even though he never cleans the house, creates vast lakes of water and slime in the kitchen, farts up a storm, steals the food off my plate and always hides the garage door opener when I leave him in the car, he's the best friend a  girl could ask for. I am so grateful to Wayside for their amazing program, to the Universe for leading me to him, and every moment we've shared.  I am grateful to my Mom for all the dog sitting, my Dad for all the dog walking, and everyone else who has participated in his care.  I love cuddling with him on the couch, taking him for walks (except during squirrel season!), and going on car rides.  He is the best thing that's ever happened to me, my constant, my angel and friend.  I love you Triton and am grateful to share this life experience with you! Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails