Coconut-Banana Bread Muffins
(recipe from vegweb.com)
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
1/2 cup of oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 mashed ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup of cooking oil
1/4 cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
3/4 cup shredded coconut (sweetened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
1. Put all the dry ingredients (except the sugar) in a medium size bowl.
2. Mix all the wet ingredients and the sugar together.
3. Mix everything together. If the batter seems really thick-- its ok, they should still turn out fine.
4. Lightly grease a muffin tray and fill each dip about 3/4 of the way with the mixture.
5. Throw them in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Optional: I also added walnuts to some of the muffins, and made about half with vegan chocolate chips, so good!!
Let me know if you make any changes, I love to hear what people do to improve recipes!