Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October Roundup



I can't believe the month in almost over! Where did it go? I feel like I was lost in a daze this entire month. I think I spend most of it sleeping, going to the bathroom, drinking green smoothies and various healing appointments. I suppose that's how it should work, although I must admit I had some wavering this month. My diet certainly took a hit, and although I added the smoothies and still ate my veggies, I got a lot of carryout and chocolate as well. I've also been hit or miss on my "daily" enemas, and have had some issues with some of the supplements. On the other hand, I still think I'm on the right track, I just need to refocus a bit. Tomorrow my Dad and I leave for Orlando and are gone until Halloween night. I've researched some vegan options, and have some cool places to try, but know there will be some fried goods and GHIRADELLI'S baby!!! I'm definitely getting my ice cream on there. I'm excited; the first two days my Dad will be in conference, so I'm going to explore, hopefully go to the art gallery one day and do some shopping another. Then Saturday and Sunday are Universal Studios, which includes HARRY POTTER THEME PARK!!! Woot!!! I'm pretty excited, I just hope I can keep up, but my Dad's offered to wheel me around some as well. I think it will be a lot of fun, and except several posts on my trip when I return!

I also plan on starting fresh when I return, doing Kris Carr's 21 Day Adventure Cleanse again, which I posted about in January. Basically you eliminate gluten, dairy, meat, processed sugar, and coffee. Drink lots of green smoothies or juice, grains, beans, some soy, you are allowed a small amount of dark chocolate to help with cravings, lots of veggies of course, etc. It's also a lifestyle shift, you are encouraged to exercise daily, journal, do 15 minutes of meditation, do some type of cleanse (i.e. enema, detox bath, infra-red sauna, etc) plus skin brushing and focusing on getting proper supplements. So I think this will be a good thing to get me back on track. I'm not sure the exact date I'll start, depends on when I can get to the store. I seem to have several appointments when I return, but hopefully sometime that week or weekend. I plan on making up suggested meal listings so I don't get trapped in that not knowing and end up grabbing something not as healthy. I also want to make sure I'm doing some of my supplements more regularly, and of course, those coffee enemas! I think the meditation and journaling are great tools as well, plus, everyone needs to exercise. I'm sure I'll blog about this as well.

So expect to see more posts in November. As I said, several on my Orlando trip, the cleanse, book reviews of Spirit Junkie and Polly Nobles cancer guide, information on coffee enemas and of course vegan Thanksgiving ideas.

Orlando here I come!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails