Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Toxic Mind

This past week I've been living in a fog, my brain functioning purely on a primitive level. Most days I sleep until mid afternoon, drag myself out of bed, zone out to Who's the Boss or Army Wives, and fall back asleep by midnight. It's been months since I've been so exhausted for such a long period of time.

My last post I mentioned doing a juice fast. I started it on Memorial Day and juiced consistently for about a day and a half, when my juicer bit the dust. I decided to convert to a smoothie fast to make it through the three days I had promised myself I would do. Man, what a crabby couple of days! Between the homicidal thoughts and hibernating like a grizzly bear, my days have not been filled with happiness and joy.

Last night after talking with my Mom I realized my error; I didn't use any aids to help with my detox. Let me explain. When doing any kind of detox program, you are essentially pushing toxins to the surface, attempting to flush them out. Often you are releasing more toxins than your body can push out without aid. That is why it is recommended to do things like bathe in Epsom salts, enemas, colonic, skin brushing, rebounder, massage, etc. to keep the toxins flowing while you are cleansing. I didn't do any of that, although I should have known better. I essentially flooded my body with buried toxins, and didn't help move them quickly enough, which caused massive fatigue and a major brain fart. I seem to be recovering, though I did order an enema kit last night. Next time I will definitely be more prepared.

By the way, if you are looking for a good summer read, check out "Beautiful Creatures" by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Set in a small town in the south, this story is told from the perspective of 16 year old Ethan Wate. Ethan has been experiencing strange dreams featuring a mysterious girl, dreams so real that each morning when he wakes, his bed is filled with dirt and debris. Shortly thereafter, a new girl moves into town, bringing magic, mystery and adventure with her. The characters are strongly written, the history richly portrayed, and the magic very believable. Unique, intelligent and magical, I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are feeling better, there is nothing better than brain fart!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails