Friday, June 25, 2010

Healing With Energy Psychology

In my last entry I discussed how emotions play a large role in healing the body.  I discussed forgiveness, mirror work and affirmations.  There are many techniques for releasing trapped emotions and healing the body.  This new field of study is called Energy Psychology.  My Mom wrote a great lense on Squidoo on this very topic.  http://www.squidoo.com/energy-psychology  I personally have had great success with both Resonance Repatterning (formerly known as Holographic Repatterning) and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).

Shortly after my cancer diagnosis I researched several energy psychology techniques.  I connected the strongest with Resonance Repatterning, a technique that essentially helps clear out subconscious patterns that interfere with your life.  I scheduled sessions with local Kansas City practitioner Bobbie Martin.   http://www.bobbiemartin.com/

During the my first session we discovered a pattern that attracted slimy, wannabe rapists my way.  Subconsciously I had decided that this kind of attention was all I could obtain and all that I deserved.  Because of this I was missing out on the opportunity to meet a nice guy.  I was 24 years old at the time, never been in a relationship, and had been molested, stalked, harassed, and assaulted repeatedly for the past twenty years.  After my first repatterning session, I went to Best Buy to purchase a CD and was approached by a very polite gentleman, who complimented me and gave me his telephone number.  No creepy comeons, inappropriate touching, didn't threaten to stalk or attack me, he simply smiled, gave me his information, and walked away.  I was ecstatic!! I'd never had such a wonderful and positive experience with a man before, and just one hour after being repatterned!  Three months later I entered into a relationship with a wonderful man that I had the opportunity to date for almost three years.  Amazing isn't it?  I highly recommend this technique; it changed my life.

EFT is another great technique.  The nice thing about this method is that you can do it at home, in the shower, the car, pretty much anywhere.  Essentially, you "tap" on certain acupressure points in order to release blocked emotions.  There are tons of videos to follow along to on many different topics on YouTube.  You can also check out some of these links for tips on EFT:

EFT for Allergy Relief: http://www.squidoo.com/eft-allergy-relief
EFT for Pets: http://www.squidoo.com/peteft
Empower Your Affirmations with EFT: http://www.squidoo.com/eft-affirmations
EFT for Stress-Free Holidays: http://www.squidoo.com/eft-holidaystress






2 comments:

  1. People just don't realize how much thoughts and emotions effect their health, that unresolved emotions can literally eat you alive! I am so glad that you have found techniques that help you with your healing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post. I've been curious about EFT, so this was such a wonderful and clear introduction.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails